Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Iowahawk Generously Provides A Forum for a Complaint About Holiday Air Travel

We've all had the experience of holiday air travel at some point or other and it can either go very smoothly or it can be the trip from Hell. Iowahawk has generously provided Umar Farouk Abdulmuttalab, the would-be Fruit-of-the-Loons bomber a forum to relate his holiday jihad travel horror story, where he stopped just short of going to Hell. No worries though, he'll get there eventually.

When the flight to Detroit started boarding, the concierge told me to keep quiet and he would take care of the check-in. The US State Department agent asked to see my passport, and the concierge explained that I was a Somali refugee. So she looks at her computer screen and says, "um, I'm afraid there's a problem, this passenger's name is on a watch list." Oh, great. Looks like my dad is playing Mr. Buzzkill again, just because I took that semester off from Oxford to go backpacking in Yemen. So I showed her my official State Department visa.


So I'm like, "honey, do I look like I'm a US military veteran?"

"No."

"Do I look like I'm some sort of right wing anti-tax teabagger?"

"No."

"Do I look like anybody else on the DHS terrorism danger list?"


"No, but..."

"Then I suggest that unless you want a nasty anti-discrimination lawsuit on your hands, you'd best give me an aisle seat. With extended legroom."

That shut her up

Read the whole thing. It's Iowahawk. You know it will be hilarious.


Share |

No comments: