Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bill Whittle's First Essay, "Freedom", Re-posted

I link to Bill Whittle on a fairly frequent basis. He's a great writer and has a talent for articulating what I feel (and a lot of other people too) as if he were reading my mind and bringing forth what I want to say but don't know how to. I first found Bill's writing in the comments section of Rachel Lucas's original blog. She convinced him to cobble together an essay out of the comments he left there and the result was "Freedom", which he posted in late 2002. It is still as fresh today as it was then and if you haven't read it, you're really missing something. He went on to write at least a dozen more lengthy essays and eventually assembled them into a book called Silent America: Essays from a Democracy at War". Bill just re-posted "Freedom" the other day. If you've never heard of Bill or read "Freedom", do yourself a favor and do it now.
Share |

No comments: