Saturday, May 07, 2011

Did Avoidance of Salt Cause My Type 2 Diabetes?

It seems like a possibility. I have avoided salt for years. I don't care much for excessively salty food but I had even avoided using it in more than minimal amounts in cooking and never added it to the food on my plate. From the article:

So what to make of the efforts of the low-salt advocates to subject all Americans to what amounts to a mass uncontrolled experiment without their consent (informed or otherwise) and without the oversight of an ethics review board that might otherwise be charged with safeguarding the public? And what to make of the absence of the Precautionary Principle typically unfurled before our self-styled public health advocates march us out to face nature's cannons? Apparently "caring" means never having to say you're sorry.

I'm looking at you, Mayor Boomberg.

Make sure you look at the study abstract too.

 
 


Share |

No comments: