Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Accomplished Meterologist or Al Gore - Who Are You Going To Believe?

A friend forwarded me this post on global warming today. It was authored by John Coleman, founder of The Weather Channel and a trained meteorologist. Among other things, he had this to say:

"I do not oppose environmentalism. I do not oppose the political positions of either party. However, Global Warming, i.e. Climate Change, is not about environmentalism or politics. It is not a religion. It is not something you “believe in.” It is science; the science of meteorology. This is my field of life-long expertise. And I am telling you Global Warming is a non-event, a manufactured crisis and a total scam. I say this knowing you probably won’t believe a me, a mere TV weatherman, challenging a Nobel Prize, Academy Award and Emmy Award winning former Vice President of United States. So be it. "

I'm far more inclined to take Mr. Coleman's position on global warming/climate change seriously than a rather indifferent student who only took two Natural Sciences courses as an undergraduate, pulling a D in one course in his sophomore year and a C-minus in another course in his senior year, Nobel Prize winner or not. As I have said before, it has to be one of the most undeserved Nobels in the history of the prize.
Share |

No comments: